The Museum of Work & Culture shares the stories of the men, women, and children who came to find a better life in Rhode Island’s mill towns in the late 19th and 20th centuries.
- Tuesday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sundays, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Closed on Mondays.
- Closed in observance of the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day , Victory Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. The museum will close at 1:00pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
- Adults: $8
- Seniors/Students: $6
- Children under 10: FREE w/ adult
- RIHS Members: FREE
- Groups of 10 or more, $6 per person
Address & Parking Info
42 South Main Street
Woonsocket, RI 02895
(401) 769-WORK (9675)
Free parking on-site.
All Abilities Inclusive Programming: Made to Order Mondays
The Museum of Work & Culture has recently launched a new program called Made-to-Order Mondays. The Museum opens its doors one Monday per month for groups and individuals who wish to experience the Museum in an environment that supports their needs.
As a tool for teachers and parents to prepare for a museum visit, a social story has been created as a step-by-step illustrated guide to help those on the Autism spectrum navigate through our exhibits. Additionally, checklists and “first-then” boards, aimed at offering more control of time and sequence on the tour have been developed.
Click here to learn more about this programming.
Treasury of Life Exhibit
Click here to learn more about the Treasury of Life at the Museum of Work & Culture, presented by Navigant Credit Union.What did they do when they got here? Who helped them along the way? The stories of French Canadian immigrants provide the voice for these universal struggles of all immigrants to America. Our permanent exhibit, Going to Work: Twentieth Century Settlers to the Blackstone Valley, brings new voices and faces to the museum and this site.
Want to see your family’s history in a museum? Preserve the precious objects and materials that tell your family’s history in this unique exhibit!