We would like to thank the following for their contributions to the Before Rhode Island module of the EnCompass Project.
- Providence College partners Mark Caprio and Rebecca Maxfield of Providence College Digital Projects & Metadata
- RIHS staff members Samantha Hunter, J.D. Kay, Phoebe Bean, Michelle Chiles, Dana-Signe Munroe, Jeremy Ferris, and Geralyn Ducady.
- Main essay by Pinar Durgin, Visiting Assistant Professor, Joukowsky Institute for Archaeology and the Ancient World, Brown
- Research and writing for object essays also by Dr. Pinar Durgin and Goff Center intern Rebecca Marisseau, Ph.D. Candidate in the Department of History at Brown University.
- Project oversight by Geralyn Ducady, MA, Director of the Newell D. Goff Center for Education and Public Programs, Rhode Island Historical Society.
Cover image credit: Stone fish weir from Coventry, Rhode Island. Undated image. Rhode Island Historical Society Image RHiX173847.
Module publication year: 2019