We would like to thank the following for their contributions to the “Immigration to Rhode Island” module of the EnCompass Project:
• Providence College partners Mark Caprio and Rebecca Maxfield of the Providence College Digital Lab
• RIHS staff members Samantha Hunter, Geralyn Ducady, Phoebe Bean, Michelle Chiles, Dana Signe Munroe, J.D. Kay, and Jeremy Ferris
• Main essay by Evelyn Sterne, Associate Professor, Department of History, University of Rhode Island
• Research and writing for object essays by Goff Center interns Talia Brenner, Brown University, Toby Berggruen, Brown University, Samantha Hunter, Education Outreach Manager at the Rhode Island Historical Society, and Miguel Youngs, Public Services Assistant, Rhode Island Historical Society. Additional research by Goff Center intern, Nova Drewes
• Project oversight by Geralyn Ducady, MA, Director of the Newell D. Goff Center for Education and Public Programs, Rhode Island Historical Society and Samantha Hunter, MA, Education Outreach Manager, Rhode Island Historical Society
Cover image credit: Nast, Thomas. The American River Ganges (Political Catholic Church). United States. 30 September 1871. Ink on paper. DRAWING. From the Rhode Island Historical Society Collections: Drawings – Political Cartoons. RHi X3 8959.
Module Publication Year: 2020