We would like to thank the following for their contributions to the “Struggle for Women Suffrage in Rhode Island” module of the EnCompass Project.
- Providence College partners Mark Caprio, Elizabeth Tietjen, and Rebecca Maxfield of the Phillips Memorial Library Digital Projects
- RIHS staff members J.D. Kay, Phoebe Bean, Michelle Chiles, Geralyn Ducady, Jen Galpern, Samantha Hunter, Dana-Signe Munroe, and Rebecca Valentine.
- Main essay by Elizabeth C. Stevens, Ph.D., Editor, Newport History
- Research and writing for object essays by Michelle Chiles, Talia Brenner, Brown University Alumna, and Phoebe Bean, Librarian, Rhode Island Historical Society
- Project oversight by Geralyn Ducady, MA, Director of the Newell D. Goff Center for Education and Public Programs, Rhode Island Historical Society and Samantha Hunter, MA, Education Outreach Manager, Rhode Island Historical Society.
- Women Suffrage cover image credit: Women Witnessing Gov. Beeckman Signing Women’s Suffrage Act, Apr 18, 1917. Rhode Island Historical Society Collections RhiX36143
This chapter was made possible through major funding from the Rhode Island Council for the Humanities (RICH), an independent state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Any views, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this project do not necessarily represent those of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Module Publication Year: 2020